April 21, 2012

Support Legislation to Allow Wisconsin Smart Meter OPT OUTs

Last week, Sheboygan Liberty Coalition had a short session about spreading the word on getting an administrative rule to allow Wisconsin residents to have existing transmitting "smart meters" replaced with analog meters, and no new smart meters put onto their homes (or businesses). I am passing the information on FYI.

This is a property rights issue, since to this point the Wisconsin utilities and Public Service Commission have been forcing every resident to get these digital utility meters, even against their express wishes. Risks include cyber-security (they may be hacked), safety (fires have been reported nationwide), interference with medical implants, privacy concerns, and health risks, as delineated by the American Academy of Environmental Medicine.

Other states, including Michigan,Vermont, Georgia, Maryland and Hawaii, have legislative moves promoting opt outs in process. It is time for Wisconsin to do this, too. Senator Leibham supports this as a property rights issue. Here is an informational packet to give state legislators to build awareness. More details can also be found at Reject Smart Meters in Wisconsin.


Anonymous said...

Peculiar article, exactly what I wanted to find.

Feel free to visit my weblog ... Upper body Muscle groups as well as the Minimize Period

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the structure of
your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve
got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of
text for only having one or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

Also visit my weblog http://chestfatburner.com

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
My website addresses a lot of the same subjects as
yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

my web page - I've man boobs
- Could it be long lasting?