July 19, 2011

Civility, like Hitler supported the Jews.

After reaching out to someone I found on Facebook that I had not seen in several decades I got the following response.

Good to "hear" from you. I am good. I am a teacher in the gloriious state of Wisconsin where we love our governor! He really supports education. Kinda how Hilter supported the jews! Hope you are well. tell me about your life!

Shortly after that response I got this:

Oh Shit! I just creeped on your wall. Do not tell me you are a Tea Bagger! Yikes man!

Is that what left wing teachers have degraded into?  Start out a conversation with someone you haven't spoken with in almost 30 years and you begin with a Hitler reference?  Is this seriously where we are? 
Let's get serious for a second, Hitler killed millions of Jews.  Scott Walker tried to save jobs.  His plan is working too except in places like Milwaukee where the union refused to negotiate which cost teachers their jobs.  The union, not the Governor.  But even if you disagree with that can't we all agree that comparing the man with Hitler is just ridiculous?

This is just a prime example of how many in the profession of perpetual outrage have lost all touch with reality.  Start a conversation with a Hitler joke and then turn around and call me a nasty name besides?  I guess there really isn't any tolerance or diversity allowed in this person's classroom. 

I won't name him or where he teaches, I really don't want this to be a personal attack.  It just never ceases to amaze me how those on the rabid left have zero tolerance for people who may disagree with their world view. 

I have several very good friends on the left side of the aisle, I value them more than I can express.  I respect them for being involved, informed and tolerant.  It is a shame that so many of those who share their ideology do not share their respect of intellectual diversity.

As to my old teacher friend.  I sent him a lengthy note a week ago catching him up on what we've been up to.  To date it has not been answered.

No comments: